Invite enough friends who have the same size so everyone…
MAKE SMTHNG Week supports and promotes a movement of makers and alternatives to consumerism!
- MAKE SMTHNG Week is about taking action for a better world.
It is an international festival of making that challenges our consumerist culture – instead of going shopping, we will spend quality time with friends, family and our community. We create events where we teach each other new skills and fun, creative and beautiful ways to make the most of the resources around us: by sharing, repairing, making and doing it ourselves we transform old things into something new and awesome. Together, we can step out of our wasteful overconsumption and give our beautiful Earth a break!
Kicking off on Black Friday, Nov 23 – Dec 2 2018, MAKE SMTHNG Week
is taking place in cities around the world. Together with our partners Fashion Revolution, Shareable, Fab City Global Initiative & Fab Labs community, #breakfreefromplastic and Arts Thread and hundreds of makers, creatives and people like you, we will demonstrate our power to innovate towards a better, more resourceful way of life. Join our global movement and MAKE CHANGE!
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Many of you already practice the art, craft and joy of making and doing it yourself:
cooking, mending clothes, fixing electronics, building toys, upcycling, growing your own food, making your own cosmetics and cleaning products, going plastic-free, aiming for zero waste, or sharing your clothes, bikes and homes with each other. Let’s share our skills, knowledge and experiences with each other and discover and practice new ones.
Organize your own event
- Makers – we want you! Are you a maker and want to share your skills by giving a workshop? Do you run a repair cafe, fab lab, urban garden or sewing workshop; an artisan shop or a community centre? Do you have a community that practices any of the above and want to make it visible? Perfect! Host your own event for MAKE SMTHNG Week.
Register your event in
our EVENT CALENDAR
Join the movement
- Want to learn more about zero waste, minimalism, plant-based food, slow fashion, upcycling or creative DIY, making and repairing? Join our community to receive daily inspiration and exchange experiences with others.
Share and contribute
Share your maker experiences, pics, skills and knowledge with us and tag your great projects with #MakeSmthng #DisruptBlackFriday #MakeChangeNow
- Talk about the issue of overconsumption and consumerism with your followers by writing a post about MAKE SMTHNG.
- Make your own tutorial and contribute it to our pool.
- Create your own MAKE SMTHNG design and declare yourself part of our movement.
Become a MAKE SMTHNG Ambassador
Become a MAKE SMTHNG Ambassador in your city. You will represent the movement by reaching out and connecting to other makers in your community, coordinate and organize a joint event, do press work and participate in global virtual trainings, get connected to our global maker community.
Makers from the movement: #makesmthng
Check out the inspirational tutorials and toolkits from our partner organizations, makers and initiatives around the world and contribute your own ideas #makesmthng.